Monday, May 23, 2011

Worst Jobs In History

I think that the worst job in middle ages history is to be a leech collector.  When there was no cure for illness people would have the leeches suck their blood.  It was said that while the leech drained the blood that the disease would leave.  The leech collectors would walk to the marsh and stir up the water in order to catch the worm.  Then they would take the leeches back to town for the people who were sick.  I think that this a terrible job because you would constantly have leeches stuck to your body!  What if the leech was carrying bacteria that made someone even more sick?  I would think this job is really unsanitary.  I wonder who would ever choose this job!  Honestly, I don't you could pay me enough money to collect a blood-sucking worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment